The historic Johnstown, Ohio jail located at 66 West Pratt St was added to the National Register of Historic Places on April 18 2003.
It was built in 1888-1889 at a cost of $539.00. It is 16 x 20 feet. with 12 inch walls of "burnt brick". The window panes are doubled barred and once could swing out for cleaning. The iron cage is still intact.
The jail originally stood on S. Oregon Street across from the back of the town hall.